Saturday, November 20, 2004

Thai Fest


Ann Suankeaw helps sell vegetables and chats with guests during the Thai Festival at the Buddhist Center of Dallas in Dallas on Saturday, November 20, 2004.

© Mark M. Hancock and The Dallas Morning News

This image starts a new chapter for me. This is my first published freelance digital image. I still can't see myself as a freelancer per se, but I'm working on it until I get a new home.

The credit line also changes because it's a shared copyright. The paper had rights to it for the first 30 days and now it's mine (along with all the other images taken during the assignment). If anyone wants a print of something they've seen run in the newspaper recently, they need to contact the newspaper within the first 30 days. Otherwise, I've added a new entry for aftermarket questions.

In either case, click on the copyright symbol ( © ) to see the status of the image. If should direct you to the current copyright owner's information.

Enough for now,

1 comment:

Mark M. Hancock said...

You have a valid point. I can't defend the decision other than physics and timing. I was trying to keep both the subject and the statue in one frame. This was the frame in which she smiled.
I shot this with a 200mm, dit and a right-angle viewer while laying across a driveway. It was the only way to show the massive statue and keep the foreground somewhat relative in scale. The statue is about 50 feet behind her and towers over the buildings.
Nonetheless, I'll post some other images from this event. You might prefer a different subject. This is the best part of my new situation. If you don't like one frame, another is normally available.